Last week, I got back to work on the V-berth construction. After finally finding and repairing the leak I discovered in the anchor locker, it is time to begin reconstruction. First step was for me to rebuild the area in the v-berth that is under the anchor locker. The boat was built with plywood surrounding the underside of the anchor locker, which was formed with fiberglass. That plywood was then covered with some type of Formica or something. My plan is to rebuild it with plywood minus the Formica. I measured the area that needed coverage and cut the plywood to size.
After a test fit to ensure it worked, I used adhesive to mount the plywood in place. I’m unable to find a store near me that sells the 4200 or 5200 adhesive, but I figured Gorilla Glue would probably be just as effective in this area to hold. It’s not like there’s any strain on the bond in this area. In fact, the washers/nuts/bolts that are used to mount the anchor cleat that I’ll be re-installing will also help keep the plywood in position.
Here’s a few photos to help describe the process so far: