Ok, I know…funny post title…lol. I figured that’s gonna be my new nickname when I’m finished scrubbing the hull on the interior of our boat! When I started the interior demolition, it was fairly easy to remove the old carpet that lined the interior walls. But the foam underside of the carpet had been adhered to the walls, so that required much scrubbing and sanding.

I started with 60 grit sandpaper and that was doing a good job, but was kind of slow, so I transitioned to a wire brush scrubber. Whew! That was the trick! I was able to get all the foam padding off and then follow up with the sandpaper to make it a little smoother, in preparation for paint.